Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Digital citizenship

Last night, I presented a program to some of our parents on our approach to teaching digital citizenship at Summers-Knoll. If you are interested in this topic but were unable to make the presentation, you are welcome to access my slides here.

On a related note, I am currently thinking deeply about this review of a very recent study on media use and attitudes among children and parents. I think SK families (particularly those with middle school-age children) will also find the data compelling. For me, the most interesting part relates to "trend two: sponsored content and its reliability." I think that this area is where we have the most work to do (and the greatest opportunity to do meaningful work with young people) on topics of resource evaluation, reliability of resources, and decisions about whom and what to trust online.

As always, I hope you won't hesitate to contact me with questions.

To thoughtful interactions (online and off),

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment